Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Cookie Baking

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
In celebration, Micah and I baked about 12 dozen cookies last night to make yummy cookie trays for our co-workers and neighbors.



While it was Christmas Baking, it was also most definitely a night of Martha Stewart. I was wearing a Martha Stewart apron, baking all Martha recipes, and I even purchased Martha Stewart gift boxes to deliver the sweet treats in. It wasn't planned to be a night of Martha, but well, she makes the rest of us look prepared and fancy for the holidays. My favorite part was the gift boxes, and while I hope those are noticed by the recipients, I hope they most enjoy the festive cookies.

We made Mexican Wedding Cookies (on the right), Molasses Spice Cookies (middle), and a new one for me- Buttered Rum Meltaways (left). Those were particularly spicy with the addition of the dark rum and also fresh ground cloves. You will have to ask my co-workers what their favorite was. Unfortunately, Martha Stewart no longer has the recipe online that I used for the Mexican Wedding Cookies as I pulled it off a few years ago, but click here to view one that is similar.

So, here are a few more pictures of the final product.




All in all, I think it was a fancy success and I hope our co-workers are more merry as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment