Friday, December 5, 2008

I dream of crafts

Not really, I don't actually dream of crafts. I am in this in-between place where I would love to spend more time crafting and making things, but I also have a full time job, and another one on the way (announcement coming soon). So, my spare time is picking up my often cluttered house or spent with friends instead of crafting. But, I did just see these in Ida Red's Boutique on Brookside and I thought it was a marvelous idea, and also one I could potentially easily make!

These are little hair bobby-pins to decorate your darling face and hair. I thought even a simple button could look cute glued to the end of a well-positioned bobby-pin.

(please excuse the poor image, my camera is not working so this is a lovely phone picture)

2 comments:

  1. Those would be super-easy to make! You should definitely do it... if the smell of glue doesn't bother you right now, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a link to a tutorial on how to make them! It's a thumbtack tutorial. I made some about a year ago. Enjoy!

    http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2007/03/thumb-tack-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete