Thursday, January 22, 2009

Double Recipe Day!

So, I have been saving a post for a while, not because it is extra special just because I have not had the time to put it up. So, I thought I would make it a double post day and you will actually get three items! Wow- if only maternity clothes had bargains this good.

I saw this video online and it is a recipe for Steak & Bacon Blue Cheese Wedge Salad. It looks and sounds great. Watch the video by clicking here and get the full recipe.

Now, I will share a recipe I made for friends last weekend. My darling husband wanted us to cook instead of go out, and he even decided what dinner should be. Once again, I don't actually have a name for this recipe and it is only in my head so this will be my attempt at writing it down for you, and my new name for it - well, please send some suggestions.



Lay out 4, 18in. pieces of parchment paper.
Wash and snap the bottoms of 1 bunch asparagus
Cut approx. 3 zuchini in thick diagonal strips that will lay flat
Wash and thick slice 2-3 portabello mushrooms
Salt and Pepper 4 white fish steaks (mahi-mahi, halibut)
Cut 1 red onion in large chunks

Layer all the items in the order listed above in the middle of the parchment paper. Then create a seasoning mix to your taste. I always include garlic, shallots, salt and pepper, and in the pictures shown, I also used zest of 1 orange and half a jalapeno. Mix your seasonings together and then divide evenly over the 4 piles of parchment delight. Dot with butter, fold the parchment paper over to one side and roll the paper up so that it is touching the ingredients in the middle and tight that it will not come undone. Smear some butter on the top of parchment paper in the center. Place on baking sheets and bake at 375 for about 30-40 minutes. You know it is done when the butter on the top of the parchment paper has turned a dark golden brown. Open and serve! (be careful though as major steam will come out when open the paper. Here is what it looks like cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment