Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Year in Review

As it is now the first week of 2009, I thought I would do a brief review of last year, and also give you all an idea of a way to start out this year:

From top left to right, some of my highlights of 2008 are -
  • Going to Uganda with my husband on a missions trip
  • Going to a One Republic concert in St. Louis with friends (us under the arch)
  • Good food!
  • Find out we are going to have a surprise baby!!!
  • Home renovations and decorations continue
  • Micah and I's first ever non-school race- the 15k Tulsa Run
  • Two of my best friends getting married
  • Trip to Chicago
  • Work- I did alot of that
  • Stopping through New York on our way to Uganda
  • Welcoming many new babies this year to friends and family
  • This was taken at New Years 2008- the very start of last year! I love being married to Micah.

Last year was great- it had crafting, love, new friends, new family members, many babies, a couple of weddings, alot of really yummy food and drinks, wonderful travel experiences, and some fulfilling work moments too. As I look forward to 2009, I was challenged last night to not only set goals and resolutions for myself for 2009, but to look at the closest person in my life (who for me is my husband Micah) and to offer something that I would like to see come about in his / her life too. Often in life it is easy to become "me" focused, and this is one way of trying to keep others centered, and make sure you are helping others find greatness, fulfillment, and yes, even fancy things in life. It was a fun exercise and prompted good discussion later. So, maybe as you think about your New Year's resolutions, add one or two in for some other people you know that maybe you can help them reach! I wished for great depth and passion for Micah; that he could find more of the richness that life has to offer. (I would plan to start that goal with poetry, but not sure that is really up his alley)
Happy 2009 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment