Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Blog Inspiration

I read other people's blogs (which is why I started one) and a recent one I was directed to by a Ms. Heather, gave me two inspirations that I am turning into my own:

1. My first inspiration is from this blog posting- the author writes a letter to her daughter every month, and this was her 60th "newsletter" (or her daughter's fifth birthday). I was inspired by this because I thought it was such a neat way to say all the things you internalize about your children that they probably never realize until they are parents themselves. In the past few days I have been thinking that I really need some sort of book right now that tells the stories of how I told our coming child's grandparents that he/she was on the way, and how me and "Daddy" (in quotes because we aren't quite used to it yet) felt when we found out we were pregnant which was hyperventilating for me - on second thought, maybe I will leave that part out. So, I think I am going to start this and write a little note or letter to my soon-to-be child. And, not to be neglected- possibly my husband as well. It is only fair that after a lifetime together, he should have books telling of my constant adoration, admiration and love for him too- although he doesn't read books so that might be a waste of time. I will have to think on that one.

2. Micah and I don't take enough pictures together. In fact we have been really bad about it lately in spite of the fact that we bought a new fancy camera. So, since this is our anniversary month, I am going to make a point of taking a new photo of him or us together every day at least through the end of February. Since this site is dedicated to the everyday things I find fancy, I think I will take this month to fancy my husband, who is with me everyday. (please don't get mad at me for not taking photos from this Friday to Monday though as I am on a business trip and will be separated from him). Of course, I will share these pictures with you too - you may also see a huge belly in some of them.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about starting a blog called 365 me and I was going to have some of my friends and I take a photo of something creative we do- or something fun about our lives. So- I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete