Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Living Kitchen

When my in-laws were in town a couple weeks ago, I picked up the March Tulsa People magazine. They had an article about a farm / restaurant that I am really interested in visiting so I thought I would share it with any other local Tulsans that didn't read the article. There is a 7 acre farm in Bristow, OK that during the summer and fall months, they host home-made dinners with locally raised or grown ingredients. You get a tour of the farm, and meet other diners as you all sit at one of two long communal tables, and former Seattle chef, Lisa Becklund prepares a feast!
There are different dinner themes from Native American to Lavendar Fest, to Garlic Dreams, however, the dinners are only on specific evenings so you must make a reservation and their web-site says they book quickly. But to give you an idea of what the night may include...a refreshing spritzer upon arrival to sip on during the tour of the farm, a starter soup, followed by a salad, a refreshing ice to cleanse the palate, a main course, and of course a desert, not to mention tastings of locally produced wines! I am so excited to try this out, and think this will be my post-baby dinner celebration with my husband! You can visit their web-site by clicking here, or to read the article that was in the Tulsa People magazine, just click on the title of this post. This certainly sounds like a fancy evening to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment