Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tomato, Bean and Basil Salad


I tried a new salad out the other day. I have a recipe book that has only recipes with 4 ingredients. When you only have 4 ingredients, it is pretty sure to be a quick and easy one. This is also reasonably healthy and tasty- it passed the husband test. We go home for lunch quite often since our office is so close to our house (lucky, I know), so I threw this together one day:

11 oz. cherry tomatoes halved
1 can of mixed beans or in my case, I used light red kidney beans
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup basil loosely shredded

Drain the beans, and mix with the tomato halves. In a small sauce pan, put the olive oil and 2/3 of the basil in with the oil, heat over low until the basil begins to turn a darker green (about 1-2 min). Then pour the oil and basil into the tomatoes and beans and mix well. (you can let it refridgerate for about 30 min. to let the flavors combine if you have the time). Top with the remaining basil, and then add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Voila, a fancy feast!
(and that is my attempt at a fancy picture too)

1 comment: