Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Blonde Make-up Ambition



So, I recently went back blond. I know, I change my hair on a monthly basis it seems. And Mathew did a great job on the color. Mathew is also an all things zealous Christian. So, while we were talking in the 3 hour process of my hair, he asked, "Why isn't there Christian make-up?" Is Christianity so commercialized that there is a need for Christian make-up? I would imagine, if the answer to that question is "yes", that we would see names like "son-shine tan foundation" or "raptured rouge blush" and "blood of Christ lipstick". Quite fancy if you ask me.

This did remind me of something I did in highschool with a few of my other deviant friends. When prom dress-code was getting a bit out of hand, and the principle said he personally would be doing cleavage check at the door we decided to make posters in the passive agressive. We copied pictures of 1920's era fancy dresses that had a turtleneck, long sleeves, and floor-length (basically no skin), and made posters displaying the new "prom dress uniform" available. You guessed it, we named the different colors available in this dress very similar names to those I would imagine Christian make-up names being. Well, I must be off to find some Holy-eye Liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment