Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Raw Fooding


I wanted to introduce some new friends to raw food. As a self-proclaimed "foodie", I am however still a novice with raw food. So, I made zucchini pasta with a spinach and lemon pesto, salad, and an attempt at a fancy cheesecake for desert. The zucchini pasta with pesto was okay, not the greatest thing ever as I did do it 100% raw, whereas before I would cheat and add real Parmesan cheese with the rest raw (I figured it was better than not doing raw at all), but since I was introducing people to raw, it had to be 100% so in went the nutritional yeast instead of Parmesan. The salad I thought was great, but obviously I like salad. The dessert turned out okay; the flavor was really good in general but I kind missed the mark on the texture. I am pretty sure as I was blending it that I let it get a bit too hot in the vita mix which made it more creamy, but also more liquefied. So, regardless of the 1 cup of coconut oil, when refrigerated, it was more the texture of caramel with a delicious cinnamon walnut crust. I am not sure I made raw food converts out of our new friends, although they were very polite. As you can see from the pics though, my husband and I are at least enjoying the "cheesecake" long after my guests had left. I did make-up a strawberry sauce to go on top too- thawed frozen strawberries, a bit of cinnamon, and some agave! Pretty simple and good. I think I may try this recipe next time: http://www.rawguru.com/recipe36.html

No comments:

Post a Comment