Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lunch of Randomness


So, Micah and I have the luxury of going home for lunch most days a week because our commute is relatively short. However, this does often mean I need a spark of creativity food-wise because I don't like typical lunch food- sandwiches. I think I was burnt out on them through high school, and then after touring where the options were either McDonalds (for the crew guys), or Subway (for the dancers). So, I just don't like sandwiches very much at all anymore and my dear husband could eat one everyday, so therefore lunch is up to me if it is not sandwiches.
Well, yesterday's turned out pretty good, even though it was relatively close to a sandwhich, so I thought I would share it. Micah and I have been making fresh cranberry, apple, celery juice in the mornings some lately, so I have a huge bag of cranberries from Sam's. So, in the Thanksgiving appropriate festive season, I chopped about
3/4 cup of cranberries,
1 green onion, and
1/4 cup cilantro, and used that mix as a topping for
tortillas, turkey, and cheese,
and then put another tortilla on top for an impromptu quesadilla. I baked in the oven for about 20 min on 400. Mmmm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment